LightHeart Gear policies
- The easiest and quickest way to place an order is through this website. Simply add your items to the shopping cart, fill in the required information, and complete your order.
- We will be glad to take your order over the phone. Call us at 828-552-4578 during normal business hours; 7:30 am – 4:00 pm Eastern time zone.
LightHeart Gear accepts MasterCard, Visa, and American Express. Orders generally ship within 24 to 48 business hours of being placed.
- Checks and Money Orders are accepted for phone orders; orders are shipped AFTER the check or money order is received and cleared.
- Paypal – we can email an invoice via paypal if needed.
- The security of your personal information is important. LightHeart Gear does not share any personal information with third parties. Any information required and collected, on our online shopping cart, is processed and stored on a secure website. Any credit card information received during a phone order is immediately destroyed following secure processing of transaction.
- Communications via email may not be secure. You place yourself at risk by communicating personal information via email.
- Any emails from LightHeart Gear will be regarding your order. We will never send out a spam email.
- Domestic Shipping is via the US Postal Service using First Class Mail (for small and light weight orders) or Priority Mail. Delivery is within 1-3 business days. Overnight Delivery is via the US Postal Service using Priority Mail Express. Note that the USPS does not guarantee on time delivery.
- International Shipping is via the US Postal Service using Priority Mail International. Delivery is within 10-14 days. Additional fees for Customs, Duties, and Taxes are the responsibility of the customer. First Class International shipping is available if requested. There is no insurance available for First Class International mail, but it is quite a bit cheaper than priority mail.
- Tracking information of your shipment will be sent to you when received by the US Postal Service.
- For Security of your shipment “Signature Confirmation” service is the default setting for all orders. LightHeart Gear is not responsible for lost or stolen packages if you choose not to require a signature.
- LightHeart Gear products are fully guaranteed against defects in material and workmanship. Items, in new condition, may be returned for any reason for a full refund or replacement within 30 days of purchase. New condition means that tents have not been set up outside, clothing items have not been worn (other than to try on) and tags are still attached.
- Custom rain gear is not refundable under any circumstance. Once an order is received for custom rain gear, and it is cut out, the order is considered final.
Returns or Exchanges:
All Returns & Exchanges must be;
- Within 30 days of purchase
- In new condition, unused, unworn with tags attached, and free from odor
- Tents must NOT have been set up outdoors to be eligible for a refund or exchange.
- Please print this form. Be sure to follow all instructions on the form. Please fill out form; and return item, with completed form, to address listed. Form must be signed and dated.
- The customer is responsible for the shipping cost for returns or exchanges. Immediately after receiving and inspecting the return or exchange; we will notify the customer on the status of the refund or exchange.
- LightHeart Gear products needing repairs will need to be mailed back. The customer is responsible for all shipping cost involved with repairs. Please print this form. Be sure to follow all instructions on the form. Please fill out form; and return item, with completed form, to address listed. Form must be signed and dated.
- Most repairs are free of charge. Zippers generally just need new zipper pulls put on them. There is never a charge for this. If the zipper tape itself needs to be replaced, there will be a $35.00 charge for the labor. Windows and door netting - generally it can be patched free of charge, if the entire window or door netting needs to be replaced there is a $35.00 charge for it.
- All items in need of repair MUST be clean. If you ship a dirty tent or other item for repair, it will be mailed back without being repaired. State law prohibits alterations/repairs on dirty items.
- Be sure to remove any personal items from product being returned. When returning a tent, ship only the tent. Do not include ridge pole or anything else with the tent.
- If you are on a long thru hike, and your tent needs to be repaired, we can ship a loaner tent to you (for a $200.00 refundable deposit). Once you get the loaner tent, ship your tent to us, (in the same box the loaner arrived in) we will repair your tent and ship it back. After receiving your tent, you must then return the loaner within 2 weeks, of when your tent was returned to you. If you hold on to the loaner for a longer period of time, you will be charged a rental fee of $15.00/ week. Return shipping labels will be included for your convenience, but the cost of all shipping will be deducted fro your loaner tent deposit.
- The loaner tent may not be the same color as your tent, but will be the same design. It will be a lightly used tent, but will always be clean.